"Remove These Headers" not working

Hilario Fochi Silveira hilario at soliton.com.br
Fri May 22 18:11:54 IST 2009

Interesting !
If it still accepts the old configuration way, I
am really curious to learn what happened in my
box for it to stop accepting the old
configuration file. I will have to work on it this week end !
When/How should I use the new regex feature in the remove.headers.rules file?

Thanks,

Hilário

At 10:43 2009-05-22, you wrote:

>On 22/05/2009 14:26, Hilario Fochi Silveira wrote:
>>Good Morning
>>
>>Thus of course I have done some kind of mistake
>>that I still did not pinpoint. I will try again
>>to double check where I may have done the mistake.
>>
>>Is there any additional possibilities like
>>user:group or permission related issues?
>>Is the following example line correct?
>>To: *@domain1.com.br
>>\Confirm-Reading-To:|Delivery-Receipt-To:|Disposition-Notification-To:\
>That's wrong. The list, as I said, should be a
>space separated list of header names. So you
>should just put it like that, such as
>To: *@domain1.com.br Confirm-Reading-To:
>Delivery-Receipt-To: Disposition-Notification-To:
>
>No \ or | or anything like that at all.
>>
>>Till now I am just looking at the log tail for
>>file load fails and sending outside emails to
>>myself with return receipts to check if it is working.
>>Is there a more intelligent way to test or generate more log details?
>>
>>Thanks for taking your time to help.
>>
>>Best Regards,
>>
>>*Hilario Fochi Silveira
>>**Soliton Controles Industriais Ltda.
>>Rua Alfredo Pujol, 1010 - Sao Paulo - SP - BRAZIL ZIP: 02017-002
>>

>>*At 05:40 2009-05-22, Julian Field wrote:

>>>That should definitely not work, and it was a
>>>small bug that was allowing it to work. The
>>>spec in the MailScanner.conf file clearly states that:
>>># Each header should end in a ":", but
>>>MailScanner will add it if you forget.
>>># Headers should be separated by commas or spaces.

>>>That was correct.

>>>And  I have just tried a system with a rules
>>>file very much like yours and it works just fine.
>>>
>>>Sorry, but I cannot reproduce the problem.
>>>
>>>Jules
>>>
>>>--
>>>Julian Field MEng CITP CEng
>>>www.MailScanner.info <http://www.mailscanner.info/>
>>>Buy the MailScanner book at
>>>www.MailScanner.info/store <http://www.mailscanner.info/store>
>>>
>>>Need help customising MailScanner?
>>>Contact me!
>>>Need help fixing or optimising your systems?
>>>Contact me!
>>>Need help getting you started solving new requirements from your boss?
>>>Contact me!
>>>
>>>PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
>>>Follow me at twitter.com/JulesFM and twitter.com/MailScanner
>>>

>>>--
>>>This message has been scanned for viruses and
>>>dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
>>>believed to be clean.
>>>
>>>--
>>>
>>>Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting
>>>
>>>Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!
>
>Jules
>
>--
>Julian Field MEng CITP CEng
>www.MailScanner.info
>Buy the MailScanner book at www.MailScanner.info/store
>
>Need help customising MailScanner?
>Contact me!
> [...]

Atenciosamente,

Hilário Fochi Silveira
Soliton Controles Industriais Ltda.
02017-002 Rua Alfredo Pujol, 1010 - São Paulo - SP - Brasil
Tel: +55 11 2950-1834          Fax: +55 11
2979-8980          e-mail: hilario at soliton.com.br
Distribuidor SSD Drives (Anteriormente Eurotherm
Drives), Eurotherm Controls, Action Instruments, Montalvo, Koyo, Sharp
www.soliton.com.br
www.eurotherm.com.br
www.actionio.com.br             www.montalvo.com.br