spamassassin from MailScanner & dns

Alessandro Dentella sandro at e-den.it
Fri May 22 10:50:51 IST 2009

Hi,

  I'm trying to study all the possible tuning for MailScanner. It I run

  su postfix -p -c 'spamassassin -x -D -C \
                /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --lint'

  I get among the rest:

[2173] dbg: dns: is Net::DNS::Resolver available? yes
[2173] dbg: dns: is DNS available? 0
[2173] dbg: rules: local tests only, ignoring RBL eval

  that appears contraddictory to me... what's the explanation?
  does the second 'dns' line means it doesn't understand the line in
  /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf:

     # grep dns /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
     dns_available yes

  How should I enable non local test?

  Thanks
  *:-)