Some messages dont get scanned ... how to debug it?

Mikael Syska mikael at syska.dk
Tue May 19 00:17:33 IST 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 11:36 PM, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> on 5-18-2009 1:04 PM Mikael Syska spake the following:
>> Hi

>>> Is there a pattern in the msg size?
>>
>> There are not any patern in the size ... as most spam we get are below
>> 10 kbyte ... so are the size of all the spam mails that are not tagged
>> with anything ... not even BAYES :-s
>>
> Any "spamassassin timed out..." messages in the logs?

Not that I can see ... I guess "timeout" from spamassassin should show
up in the logs per default without turning DEBUG on for either MS or
SA ...

I saw some:
May 18 09:52:04 spam02 MailScanner[1220]: Disabled RBL DSBL as reached
7/10 timeouts

But ... it just disables that RBL list ... it was DSBL and I know its
dead now ... 2 month ago, but now its gone. But this have not been the
problem.

So ... I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong ... :-)