Issue with "Add Text Of Doc" feature

Anthony Cartmell ajcartmell at fonant.com
Fri May 15 12:07:54 IST 2009

> Any idea how to get it from the Locale? Otherwise I'll just have to let
> you set it.

 From the docs:
Antiword uses the environment variables ''LC_ALL'', ''LC_CTYPE'' and
''LANG'' (in that order) to get the current locale and uses this
information to select the default mapping file.

My value for LANG is en_US.UTF-8, so Antiword must parse that to extract
the UTF-8 bit to choose UTF-8.txt as its mapping file.

So probably easier to let the user set it?

I'm not using this yet, but will be shortly. I have silly local councils
sending replies to emails, that I want to read by machine, as Word RTF
format attachments... :(

Cheers!

Anthony
--