How are you catching these spam

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Thu May 14 12:42:57 IST 2009

----Original Message----
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Andrews
Carl 448 Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 10:27 AM To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: RE: How are you catching these spam

> Silly me.
> Yep, I get a hit when I scan the enitre message file but there are no
> records in the log file for email that shows any hits to
> Sanesecurity.Spam.ldb.14 but there are other Sanesecurity entries.
> What have I goofed up so that from the 'clamscan MESSAGE' will work but
> not when MailScanner runs it?
>
> I have sanesecurity files in /var/cache/sanesecurity and
> /usr/local/share/clamav.
>
> I am using clamd, should I switch to clamav or clamavmodule?
>
> Thanks again,
> Carl

[...]

Make sure the entire message is being scanned, for instance in
MailScanner.conf

ClamAV Full Message Scan = yes

It sounds suspiciously like clamd is not getting the entire message. Also
make sure the clamd.conf line

#ScanMail yes

Is not set to no, the default is to scan mail.

Rick

believed to be clean.