some childrens are stuck on 'compressing attachment'

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu May 14 05:57:52 IST 2009

2009/5/12 Marco Barbero <marco.barbero at gmail.com>:
> 2009/5/12 Martin Hepworth <maxsec at gmail.com>:
>> Turn off the compress attachments facility while you work it out??
>
> If you are refferring to 'Zip Attachments'  I have it set to 'no'.

This all reminds me of some old error... Can't really remember what
(was it the message explode bug == messages wiith zips containing
likenamed zips? Perhaps, perhaps not.... someone else might have a
better memory than I.... Or trawl the ml archive, I'm almost certain
you'll find something relevant:-).

Anyway, I'm pretty cerrtain that if you upgrade from your (oldish)
version, the problem would be solved...;)

>> 2009/5/12 Marco Barbero <marco.barbero at gmail.com>
>>>
>>> Hi
>>> Mailscanner 4.70.7
>>> Postfix 2.5.5
>>>
>>> I experienced a strange issue:  all my children stuck on 'compressing
>>> attachment' so mailscanner stop to process queue.
>>> Mailscanner was not able to restart children every 'time' set on
>>> Mailscanner.conf.  So I had to kill processes and restart mailscanner.
>>> Debug mode (spamassassin and mailscanner) didn't show any problem.  I
>>> have other installations like this but never suffered a similar issue.
>>>  Any hints?
>>> At the moment I'm thinking about a workaround:  kill mailscanner every
>>> 30 minutes and restart it.  Is there any risk about mail and or bayes
>>> corruption?
>>> Thanks in advance
>>> --
>>>
>>> Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting