File extension ADX

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Mon May 11 19:43:20 IST 2009

Gerhard Mourani a écrit :
> Hello, I want to allow file extension -> IMPORT.ADX to MailScanner.
> I've edited -> 'filename.rules.conf' and added -> allow \.adx$ - -
> without success. When the attachment gets blocked, this is the message
> I receive -> Report: No programs allowed (IMPORT.ADX).
>
> Running the "file" command on the attachement returns the following
> result:
> file
> /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20090507/1680C2AFF0.C72B7/IMPORT.ADX
> /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20090507/1680C2AFF0.C72B7/IMPORT.ADX:
> VMS Alpha executable
>
> According to guys on the MailScanner IRC Chanel, this happen because
> it's getting blocked not by 'filename.rules.conf' but by
> 'filetype.rules.conf' based on the results of the 'file' command and
> the recommendation to fix the problem is to add a new mime type to get
> file to report it as another file type.
>
> Check the 'filetype.rules.conf' file itself. It supposedly has info on
> how to use/modify it in the comments at the beginning but
> unfortunately I don't see nothing and don't know which kind of line to
> add inside this file (filetype.rules.conf) to make file extension with
> ADX to be allowed.
>
> My question is: Can soneone here know the line/syntax to add inside
> 'filetype.rules.conf' to make MailScanner allow *.ADX file extension
> to pass?

Gerhard,

Add the following to filetype.rules.conf:
allow<TAB>VMS Alpha executable<TAB>-<TAB>-

Replace <TAB> by a real TAB character and then reload MS.

Or you could modify "Allow Filetypes =" in MailScanner.conf.

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste