Mailwatch

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Mon May 11 17:03:16 IST 2009

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 8:18 AM, Mikael Syska <mikael at syska.dk> wrote:
> On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 3:51 AM, David Nalley <david at gnsa.us> wrote:
>> On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Ljósnet <ljosnet at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello, does anyone know if a newer version than 1.0.4 of Mailwatch is
>>> available somewhere?
>>
>> There is a 2.0 pre-alpha release floating around somewhere - uses
>> postgres instead of mysql.
>
> As I understand it ... 2.0 wont be free ... you have to buy it. The
> Alpha version is buggy and I would not use it for any production
> servers.

Yes this is my understanding as well. IIRC Steve's reasoning was that
there wasn't much community involvement with development of v1. I also
see this changing and the community rolling together a 1.0.5 version.
Perhaps if significant effort was leveraged to push bugfixes back
upstream to Steve this would change.