possible error with config due to clam upgrade

Lists lists at rheel.co.nz
Thu May 7 00:11:09 IST 2009

Hi all,

I am running MailScanner version 4.72.5 on Centos 5.2

I recently attempted an upgrade to ClamAV 0.95.1
Now I am getting errors in the clamd.log

as example:
Warning: lstat() failed on:
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/31494/MESSAGEIDISHERE/tnef.31494

I asked on the clam mail list and got the response
"The error really just means "file not found", but the problem is related
 to MailScanner and how it is using clamav, you probably have a bad
MailScanner configuration."

Post upgrade I had to do the following in order to get it to start up.
# rename the old binaries
mv /usr/local/bin/clamscan /usr/local/bin/clamscan.old
mv /usr/local/bin/freshclam /usr/local/bin/freshclam.old
mv /usr/local/bin/clamdscan /usr/local/bin/clamdscan.old

# Create links to the new ones in /usr/local/bin
ln -s /usr/bin/clamscan /usr/local/bin/clamscan
ln -s /usr/bin/freshclam /usr/local/bin/freshclam
ln -s /usr/bin/clamdscan /usr/local/bin/clamdscan

# There was a fourth new clam binary - /usr/bin/clamconf
ln -s /usr/bin/clamconf /usr/local/bin/clamconf

I was wondering if anyone new of any configuration options that might
effect / cause these lstat failed warnings.
Prior to the upgrade clam was running fine without warnings.

Thanks
Kate