AW: SV: Perl problems on Fedora 9 SOLVED

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Wed May 6 21:08:50 IST 2009

On Wednesday 06 May 2009 22:35:59 Oliver Falk wrote:
> Note:
> I've tried to bug Fedota Perl packager to update a few modules and was successfull!
> So, I wonder which packages need to be replaced by the MS install.sh!?
> There was also some thread about why not package it within the distribution..
> Well, if enough of you run Fedora... I can imagine a SIG. I can also imagine beeing the primary packager... If you want.
> And finally. I can also imagine doing this for RHEL, using EPEL...
>
> It's just a "Do you want this?"
>
> Are there other Fedora packagers (or some who want to become one) who are willing to help? Because fom time to time I tend to enjoy some holiday :-)
>
> Or - as an old RPM packager - shall I just try to fix broken specs and the install.sh?
>
> Keep me posted...

I would be willing to help as best as I can. There are problems with Fedora 10 as well, and I am assuming that it will carry over to Fedora 11 etc and consequently the next major revision of Redhat and Centos (ie. 5 to 6) and I think this is a great idea as it potentially save a lot of time ironing out packaging issues if more than one persion is working on it.

Please understand that currently I have sometime on my hands. And of course like everyone else I have other obligations, but I am willing to help in anyway that I can.

Sincerely

Eli

believed to be clean.