filetype rules and pptx files

Stephen Swaney steve at fsl.com
Tue May 5 21:53:01 IST 2009

Paul Lemmons wrote:
> [...]

Below are the filename rules we install as the default  to allow for
safe Office 2007 filenames to pass through  MailScanner. We've had zero
complaints since  we started using these rules.

DO NOT CUT "N PATE these rules into filename.rules.conf.  You'll need to
replace some of spaces with tabs
for MailScanner to parse the rules.

Remember:

Syntax for filename.rules.conf rules is four fields:

    Field one: allow/deny/deny+delete,
    Field two: regular expression to match
    Field three: log text to use
    Field four: user report text.

!!!!!      NOTE: Fields are separated by TAB characters --- Important!!!!!

And below are the rules:

# ---- Start the Word 2007 File Type Extensions
# -------------------------------------------
# docx - Word 2007 XML Document
# docm - Word 2007 XML Macro-Enabled Document
# dotx - Word 2007 XML Template
# dotm - Word 2007 XML Macro-Enabled Template

# Excel 2007 File Type Extension
# -------------------------------------------
# xlsx - Excel 2007 XML Workbook
# xlsm - Excel 2007 XML Macro-Enabled Workbook
# xltx - Excel 2007 XML Template
# xltm - Excel 2007 XML Macro-Enabled Template
# xlsb - Excel 2007 binary workbook (BIFF12)
# xlam - Excel 2007 XML Macro-Enabled Add-In

# PowerPoint 2007 File Type Extension
# -------------------------------------------
# pptx - PowerPoint 2007 XML Presentation
# pptm - PowerPoint 2007 Macro-Enabled XML Presentation
# potx - PowerPoint 2007 XML Template
# potm - PowerPoint 2007 Macro-Enabled XML Template
# ppam - PowerPoint 2007 Macro-Enabled XML Add-In
# ppsx - PowerPoint 2007 XML Show
# ppsm - PowerPoint 2007 Macro-Enabled XML Show

# Word 2007 File Type Extensions
# -------------------------------------------
allow    \.docx$    Word 2007 XML Document    Word 2007 XML Document
deny     \.docmx$    Word 2007 XML Macro-Enabled Document    Word 2007
XML Macro-Enabled Document
deny    \.dotx$    Word 2007 XML Template    Word 2007 XML Template
deny    \.dotm$    Word 2007 XML Macro-Enabled Template    Word 2007 XML
Macro-Enabled Template

# Excel 2007 File Type Extension
# -------------------------------------------
allow    \.xlsx$    Excel 2007 XML Workbook    Excel 2007 XML Workbook
deny    \.xlsm$    Excel 2007 XML Macro-Enabled Workbook    Excel 2007
XML Macro-Enabled Workbook
deny    \.xltx$    Excel 2007 XML Template    Excel 2007 XML Template
deny    \.xltm$    Excel 2007 XML Macro-Enabled Template    Excel 2007
XML Macro-Enabled Template
deny    \.xlsb$    Excel 2007 binary workbook     Excel 2007 binary workbook
deny    \.xlam$    Excel 2007 XML Macro-Enabled Add-In    Excel 2007 XML
Macro-Enabled Add-In

# PowerPoint 2007 File Type Extension
# -------------------------------------------
allow    \.pptx$    PowerPoint 2007 XML Presentation    PowerPoint 2007
XML Presentation
deny    \.pptm$    PowerPoint 2007 Macro-Enabled XML Presentation
PowerPoint 2007 Macro-Enabled XML Presentation
deny    \.potx$    PowerPoint 2007 XML Template    PowerPoint 2007 XML
Template
deny    \.potm$    PowerPoint 2007 Macro-Enabled XML Template
PowerPoint 2007 Macro-Enabled XML Template
deny    \.ppam$    PowerPoint 2007 Macro-Enabled XML Add-In
PowerPoint 2007 Macro-Enabled XML Add-In
deny    \.ppsx$    PowerPoint 2007 XML Show    PowerPoint 2007 XML Show
deny    \.ppsm$    PowerPoint 2007 Macro-Enabled XML Show    PowerPoint
2007 Macro-Enabled XML Show
# ------- End the Office 2007 rules

Best regards,

Steve

--
Steve Swaney
steve at fsl.com
www.fsl.com
The most accurate and cost effective anti-spam solutions available