leaky gateway

Martin Hepworth maxsec at gmail.com
Tue May 5 13:33:42 IST 2009

Simonthe cached here means it's already seen it and scored it 'low'. Try
removing the spamassassin cache and restarting mailscanner in the system.

http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=maq:index#getting_the_best_out_of_spamassassin

NB I'd say 3 a little low for a 'low spam threshold' anyway, you're quite
likely to hit alot of ham. I'd look at what rulesets you've got and see if
iXhasf and the sought ruleset (and others) help

2009/5/5 Simon Jones <simonmjones at gmail.com>

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm running a distributed system, one of the gateways seems to have
> sprung a leek though and is letting some spam through which is being
> caught on the other systems.  I copied the config files between the
> systems to ensure consistancy when the systems were built so I'm
> wondering if it could be some other weakness I haven't considered,
> perhaps a time-out or setitng which causes the messages to be sent
> through unscanned or part scanned perhaps?  I'm using mailwatch too
> and can see the scores in the message headers, an example of one is
> below;
>
> thanks for any help or suggestions you may offer,
>
> 2.44
> Spam Report: Score Matching Rule Description
>  cached
>  score=2.441
> 3 required
>  autolearn=disabled
> 0.50 FH_HELO_EQ_D_D_D_D Helo is d-d-d-d
> 0.17 HTML_IMAGE_RATIO_04 HTML has a low ratio of text to image area
> 0.00 HTML_MESSAGE HTML included in message
> 1.67 MIME_HTML_ONLY Message only has text/html MIME parts
> 0.10 RDNS_DYNAMIC Delivered to trusted network by host with dynamic-looking
> rDNS

Martin Hepworth
Oxford, UK