filename rules

Jan Agermose ja at conviator.com
Tue May 5 09:13:51 IST 2009

hi

we see a few messages like this:

The virus detector said this about the message:
Report: Report: MailScanner: Attempt to hide real filename extension (invoice 657 L%F8.pdf)

because people are using the dainsh chars æøå in the filenames - Im guessing other languages have the samme issues when people are attaching documents that are using special hars not in

\.[a-z][a-z0-9]{2,3}\s*\.[a-z0-9]{3}$

I would like to say "yea but its simply not allowed in the mail standard" - but im not even sure if its true or if its just an old rule not updated now that its 2009 and unicode or what ever.

I dont actually see how it would hit this rule as there is only one \. in the filename and the rule seams to need two \. to hit... But I dont find any other rules having the response "Attempt to hide real filename extension".