Ubuntu 9.04 with MailScanner 4.75.11

Mohammed Alli malli at mcrirents.com
Mon May 4 16:34:12 IST 2009

Guys,

I'm running MailScanner 4.75.11 on Ubuntu 9.04 with the MailWatch Gui.  I did an apt-get install mailscanner and then apt-get remove mailscanner, just to install the dependencies.  I then used the tar file to install version 4.75.11 in the /opt folder.

I'm trying to get the /etc/init.d/mailscanner stop/restart/start script working, but can totally use killall mailscanner and check_mailscanner.

I noticed that the tar install does not create the following 2 directories:
/var/lock/subsys/MailScanner
/var/run/MailScanner

I believe the above directories is the source of my problem, but cannot confirm.  Is this something I should worry about or something that can be fixed?

MO