4.76 install issues

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Mon May 4 12:47:21 IST 2009

I, too, have had installation issues.  I've been
running MS successfully on a CentOS 3.x box for
quite some time now.  Last Friday, I decided to
upgrade from 4.74 to 4.76.  I had a very tough
time, as MS complained about one perl module or
another (mainly TNEF, HTML-Parser, MIME-tools,
along with one or two others).  I had to
re-install these, then run the MailScanner RPM to
at least get mail flowing.  Now, however, I get
the following in syslog every minute or so:

May  4 07:32:11 mail1 MailScanner: waiting for
children to die: Process did not exit cleanly,
returned 255 with signal 0

Also, MailWatch has completely stopped.  The last
message recorded was just before MS 4.76 start.

I've tried everything to correct the above issues,
but haven't succeeded.  Help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

Dimitri

--