4.76 install issues

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri May 1 23:24:08 IST 2009

on 5-1-2009 11:36 AM Howard M. Kash (Civ, ARL/CISD) spake the following:

> Build/install of perl-DBD-SQLite 1.21 fails on RHEL4:
>
>   http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=45171
>
> Had to revert to previous version of perl-DBD-SQLlite.
>
> Had to run install.sh twice to get all modules to install.  File::Temp
> didn't install after first run.  Same behavior on two separate RHEL4 boxes.
>
> Still having issues with up2date not working after MailScanner update.
> Had to "rpm -e --nodeps perl" and "up2date -i perl" to fix.
>

> Howard
I Gave up fighting with perl-DBD-SQLite and installed 1.25 from rpmforge. I
figured my CentOS 4 box had been beaten into submission so many times that I
didn't want to fight with it anymore. I'll be hitting my 5.3 boxes this weekend.