Different rules for files within archives

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 31 22:37:14 IST 2009

Glenn Steen wrote:

>2009/3/31 Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>:
>>
>> The problem appears to my naive eye to be that between 4.75.9-2 (the
>> version I upgraded from) and 4.76.1-1 an "unpackmicrosoftdocuments"
>> entry disappeared from /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/ConfigDefs.pl
>>
>And does adding it back in cure the problem?

OK. I'm busted :(

I would have tried adding it back had I known exactly what to add
where, but I've had such good experiences upgrading MailScanner that
I've gotten lazy and didn't back up the previous installed version
before proceeding. I had the previous rpm, but I don't know how to
extract files from an rpm without actually installing it.

I suppose I could have downloaded the previous non-rpm tarball package,
but Jules posted
<http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2009-March/090791.html>
before I thought much further about it.