clamavmodule or clamd ?

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Tue Mar 31 14:29:18 IST 2009

Eddie Hallahan a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> We currently run a chunk of servers and am having real grief with the
> perl clamav module.  Our servers currently use clamavmodule in their
> scanning.  What would be the issues if we switched to clamd - i.e. would
> this slow things down/speed them up, not make a difference?
>
> Regards

Eddie,

We switched to clamd a while ago and noticed that MS uses much less RAM:
each child had its own copy of Clam loaded into RAM with clamavmodule;
now with clamd, only one instance is running.  It definitely is not slower!

Be aware, though, that with the external phishing signatures, clamd has
a tendency to crash some times each day so make sure to monitor it and
restart it as soon as it dies.  I've heard people are using monit to
this task (http://mmonit.com/monit/).

Denis

--
   _