Postfix

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 12:14:53 GMT 2009

2009/3/25  <jeroen at intuxicated.org>:

> Hi Everybody,
>
> I read the suggested postfix installation over at
> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:postfix:installation.
> I'm just wondering wouldn't it be better to use something like this:
>
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
>        reject_unauth_destination
>        static:hold
>
> Instead of using header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks and
> running a regexp on every incoming message?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jeroen Koekkoek

Well, sure you can, but that does infer a few slight differences (like
only messages received through smtpd would be put on hold), but IIRC
the design sprung from the problems with the defer method... and at
that time, the "static:hold" syntax wasn't present.

There are definitely other ways one could do this (look at how Hugo
van der Koij uses an access map to do selective holds), but basically
... if it ain't broke, don't fix it;-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn