<rant>Clamd error in -Lint run out of ideas .... Please help

Gregory Machin gmachin at techconcepts.co.za
Sun Mar 22 15:04:24 GMT 2009

Thanks for the English lesson.
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info [mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Alex Neuman van der Hans [alex at rtpty.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2009 3:01 AM
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: <rant>Clamd error in -Lint  run out of ideas .... Please help

<rant>
I've encountered this problem before. The solution usually involves
changing the user's perspective on basic problem solving - something
you usually take for granted, but which seems to be becoming harder to
find in IT professionals these days.

The one I encounter more often is the "correlation does not equal
causation" dilemma. Socratic thinking (making sure of what you know
and, most importantly, what you don't know) is also something that has
to be drilled into more and more IT professionals these days.

I find myself spending 90% of the time I use to explain a problem and
its solution is used to explain how the wrong way of thinking makes it
difficult to diagnose the problem in the first place, and at the same
time makes it difficult to fix the problem because the user keeps
insisting on putting the cart before the horse or some other logically
fallacious point of view. The remaining 10% is the actual problem.
</rant>