MailScanner process stop doing anything?

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 01:31:08 GMT 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Dodson, Ron <ron.dodson at lmco.com> wrote:
> Running MailScanner 4.31.6 on Solaris 9, Sun v440 with 4 processors.  It
> seems like the MailScanner process just stop doing anything after a few
> minutes.  They’re still running, but no messages are moving from in queue to
> out.

As others have mentioned your version is really old. To easily get up
to date you can use the packages from OpenCSW, we have current
versions of MailScanner, ClamAV and SpamAssassin.

http://www.opencsw.org/packages

You can install all of the above including all needed dependencies
with a single command:

# pkgutil --install mailscanner spamassassin clamav

--
/peter