Solved -- Re: McAfee autoupdater debugging

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Mar 18 17:29:36 GMT 2009

on 3-18-2009 10:00 AM Scott Silva spake the following:
> on 3-18-2009 8:44 AM Scott Silva spake the following:
>> on 3-18-2009 3:01 AM Randal, Phil spake the following:
>>> Try
>>>
>>> OPTS="-d"
>>>
>>> at the start of /usr/lib/MailScanner/mcafee-autoupdate
>>>
>>> Works here.
>>>
>>> I think you still have to manually remove existing old dat directories.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Phil
>>>
>> Testing this today. Just waiting for the next update.
>>

> I moved the datfiles directory and ran the update. At least it doesn't break
> anything. Now to see if it cleans. I guess I will have to wait another day.

I tested it on another server that still had an older update on it and it
worked great! This must have been the default at one time in the distant past,
because I swear it used to clean up after itself. Or maybe I had fixed it in
the past (and forgot) and an update wiped it out.

Thanks Phil!

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and