MS, clam, sanesecurity sigs

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Tue Mar 17 20:09:33 GMT 2009

Julian,

I'm trying to get the sanesecurity.co.uk unofficial clam sigs rolled
into my MailScanner/clamd setup.  I downloaded script 2 from sanesecurity,
and went to work.  The conf file for it wants to know this setting:

   # Set path to ClamAV database files location.  If unsure, check
   # your clamd.conf file for the "DatabaseDirectory" path setting.
   clam_dbs="/opt/clamav/share/clamav"

Being unsure, I looked at my clamd.conf file and found the
DatabaseDirectory entry commented out:

   # Path to the database directory.
   # Default: hardcoded (depends on installation options)
   #DatabaseDirectory /var/lib/clamav

So I guessed that this setting might be buried in MailScanner someplace,
but I can't find it.  Any idea what MailScanner thinks it is?
My MailScanner.conf settings are:

   Virus Scanners = clamd sophos
   Monitors for ClamAV Updates = /opt/clamav/share/clamav/*.cld /opt/clamav/share/clamav/*.cvd
   ClamAVmodule Maximum Recursion Level = 8
   ClamAVmodule Maximum Files = 1000
   ClamAVmodule Maximum File Size = 20971520 # (20 Mbytes)
   ClamAVmodule Maximum Compression Ratio = 250
   Clamd Port = 3310
   Clamd Socket = /tmp/clamd.socket
   Clamd Lock File = # /var/lock/subsys/clamd
   Clamd Use Threads = no
   ClamAV Full Message Scan = yes

My clam database files are in /opt/clamav/share/clamav.  Should the
mbl-dbs, msrbl-dbs, si-dbs, and similiar directories end up in the
same spot, or can they be elsewhere?

The three email tests provided by sanesecurity all fail, ie the emails
get through.

My setup: Solaris 10, MS 4.74.13-2, clamd version 0.94.2.

Any hints on how to get sanesecurity to join in with MailScanner?

Jeff Earickson
Colby College