Spamassassin cache in mysql - feature request

Eduardo Casarero ecasarero at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 18:49:38 GMT 2009

2009/3/17 Jonas Akrouh Larsen <jonas at vrt.dk>:
>> IMHO running the cache.db in tmpfs (on ram) should be faster than
>> mysql over tcp, however it depends on your configuration. just a
>> balance between pros/cons.
>
> I think you missed the point, i think we can all agree the sqllite db on
> tmpfs is faster, but if u can share the cache between ur nodes, you should
> have a higher cache hit ratio as far as I can figure.
>
> Whether or not this cache hit ratio increase is worth the penalty of
> querying a central sql server is the question I guess.
> Even if you got a replication setup, so you query the sql server running on
> the local host, it will still be slower than sqllite on tmpfs.
>
> My 5 cents.

I did some research in 1 of my servers, today i've procesed 8505
emails, with 338 cache hits. How  can we measure if sharnig caches
improves (a lot, a little, nothing) cache hits? (there is another
server next to it) Obviously without much development so we can test
if having a mysql server improves or not the scenario.