OT: set sendmail client IPv6 address

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Fri Mar 13 22:42:19 GMT 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 22:12 +0100, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> Scott Silva wrote:
> > on 3-8-2009 1:49 AM Hugo van der Kooij spake the following:
> >> IT takes about 5 minutes to get IPv6 to your network with a tunnelbroker.
> >>
> >> Hugo.
> >>
> > Since the check signers have no interest, it will have to remain on the back
> > burner unless there is an option that is free as in the beer I will want to be
> > drinking while I learn something new!  ;-P

> www.tunnelbroker.net
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Hurricane Electric.  Good people there.

	Also:

	FreeNet6:	freenet6.net / go6.net / hexago.net
	(Canada)

	SixXS:		sixxs.net
	(Europe)

	And my favorite OCCAID:  www.occaid.org
	(US)  (SixXS actually handles their end user management now.)

	All free.  You can get /64's, /56's, and even /48's (you may have to
ask separately for a whole /48).  Hurricane Electric (Tunnelbroker.net)
and OCCAID also offer BGP over IPv6.

	You can also use 6to4 where each and every IPv4 address has an entire
IPv6 /48 network assigned to it:  2002:{IPv4}::/48.  That works very
well and anywhere you can get to Hurricane Electric or OCCAID (both of
which require IP protocol 41).  FreeNet6 also offers TSP (UDP based)
which will work over NAT devices better than protocol 41.  Then there's
also Teredo (IPv6 over UDP) which works if you are only looking to route
a single leaf host.

> Most definitly worth more then you pay for it. Since you pay nothing
> that isn' t hard ;-)

	I have accounts with all of the above in the US (plus SixXs in Europe).
All of them are very reliable.  There are times when I have measured
better performance over IPv6 between the US and Europe than over IPv4.

	OCCAID probably has the most number of POPs (Points of Presence) around
the US right now and that's my preferred tunnel broker.

	I've found there is no place on the Internet I can not get to IPv6 when
I want to.  I've even routed IPv6 out 3 cruise ships at sea over the
years.

> Hugo.

> - --
> hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org               http://hugo.vanderkooij.org/