How to Remove X-headers

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Mar 12 15:39:40 GMT 2009

On the basis that sounds fairly sensible and appears to provide the
flexibility people are after, I have written and released it as 4.75.9.

There is new text near the start of the description of "Remove These
Headers" which says this:

# This is a space-separated list of a mixture of any combination of
# 1. Names of headers, optionally ending with a ':'
#    (the ':' will be added if not supplied)
# 2. Regular expressions starting and ending with a '/'.
#    These regular expressions are matched against the entire header line,
#    not just the name of the header.
#    **NOTE** The regular expressions must *not* contain spaces,
#             so use '\s' instead of ' '.

It appears to work fine in sendmail, I would be grateful if people using
other mailers could also test it for me.

Thanks guys,
Jules.

On 12/3/09 15:17, Julian Field wrote:
> * PGP Signed: 03/12/09 at 15:18:00
>
> Okay, no problem.
> The new functionality will still take a list of header names or
> regexps. The regexps mustn't contain spaces or I can't parse them, so
> use \s when you mean a space.
> Header names can optionally end in a ':', it will be added if not
> supplied.
> Header names can optionally be of the form /regular-expression/ in
> which case this will be applied to the whole header line (including
> the name and value of the header of course). The test will be appled
> in a case-insensitive manner.
>
> Is that what people want?
>
> Jules.
>
> On 12/3/09 14:58, Glenn wrote:
>> Julian - Yes, I tried X-Mime.* and it does not work.
>>
>> It seems the X-header limit in Microsoft Exchange is just now
>> beginning to
>> cause problems.  There is already a commercial fix for Exchange 2007
>> (http://www.codeplex.com/HeaderFilterAgent), but of course we are using
>> Exchange 2003.  So you have at least one "people" who could put this
>> functionality to use, and probably others will be looking for it soon.
>> Thanks.   -Glenn.

Jules

- --
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng