How to Remove X-headers

Alex Broens ms-list at alexb.ch
Thu Mar 12 10:21:37 GMT 2009

On 3/12/2009 11:07 AM, Randal, Phil wrote:
> We've hit the same issue this week.
>
> The relevant Microsoft documentation is here:
>
> Understanding the Impact of Named Property and Replica Identifier Limits
> on Exchange Databases
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb851492.aspx
>
> Events 9666, 9667, 9668, and 9669 Received When Named Properties or
> Replica Identifiers Are Depleted for An Exchange Database
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb851495.aspx
>
> Note how Microsoft has completely lost the plot on this one, and fails
> to understand that there could be any number of unique X- header lines,
> not just their arbitrary limit of at most 327766 "Named properties".

BIG LAUGH! whoever came up with this scheme should be sued.. na..
better: shot!

whatever... I wouldn't play with mime headers but start eliminating
unnecesssary MailScanner Organisation etc headers, bulker's X- tracking
headers, List mail bloat, yahoo groups bloat, etc etc.

playing with MUA Mime headers and OLE/etc is definitely the VERY wrong
way to go.

Alex
PS: Long live real *mail* storage platforms.