Interesting Error - Can't use string ("1909") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at trunknetworks.com
Tue Mar 10 15:24:12 GMT 2009

On 10 Mar 2009, at 15:00, Julian Field wrote:

> You'll probably need a quick
>     my $i;
> before that code. So the final version looks like this:
>
>   if ($configwords[1] =~ /tr[ua]/i) {
>     my $i;
>     for ($i=(@{$body}-1); $i>=0; $i++) {
>       last if $body->[$i] =~ /^\s*$/i;
>       pop @{$body};
>     }
>     $b->Done();
>     return;
>   }

And that generates:

MailScanner --debug
In Debugging mode, not forking...
Trying to setlogsock(unix)
Building a message batch to scan...
Have a batch of 10 messages.
max message size is '250000 trackback'
max message size is '250000 trackback'
max message size is '250000 trackback'
max message size is '250000 trackback'
max message size is '250000 trackback'
max message size is '250000 trackback'
max message size is '250000 trackback'
max message size is '250000 trackback'
commit ineffective with AutoCommit enabled at /etc/MailScanner/
CustomFunctions/MailWatch.pm line 94, <CLIENT> line 404.
Stopping now as you are debugging me.

Which is exactly what it should! :-)

Excellent, well done. That code is now in production so I'll beta test
the life out of it but I'm sure it will be fine.

Thanks Jules, great job as ever.

Drew