Interesting Error - Can't use string ("1909") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use

Simon Walter simon.walter at hp-factory.de
Sat Mar 7 15:41:27 GMT 2009

Hi

On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 12:42:32 +0000
Ian McDonald <iam at st-andrews.ac.uk> wrote:
> Drew Marshall wrote:
> > On 6 Mar 2009, at 19:55, Julian Field wrote:
> > Can't use string ("18") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use
> > at /usr/share/MailScanner//MailScanner/PFDiskStore.pm line 509.
> >
> >> This is a nasty Perl bug.
> >
> > :-((
> >
> > Am I the only MailScanner user who has tried to get MS working on
> > Unbuntu 8.10 Server? If so, then it's broken and don't bother
> > trying it. If not, then my install is borked (Which at least is
> > better as I can fix that!).
> >
> > Drew
>
> Is anyone seeing this on Lenny? We're pretty close to moving our MX's
> over to it.

Yes I have seen it. I have tried to fix it, but without success.
If I remember correctly this bug only occurs if the trackback feature
is enabled.

Max SpamAssassin Size = 200k trackback

Try to disable it.

I looked in EximDiskStore too and found no code for the trackback
feature, so I though this have to be a work-in-progress feature and
didn't dig deeper or tracked it.

--
Regards
Simon Walter