Interesting Error - Can't use string ("1909") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at trunknetworks.com
Sat Mar 7 11:57:47 GMT 2009

On 6 Mar 2009, at 19:55, Julian Field wrote:

> If it's complaining that int(1909) cannot be used as an array ref,
> then there's not a whole lot I can do.

:-(

> You could try changing the line to
>   while (${@{$body}}[int(scalar(@{$body})-1)+0] !~ /^\s*$/) {
> (i.e. add a "+0" to it) but there really isn't much more I can do.
> Try the +0 and let me know if it helps at all.

Can't use string ("18") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at /
usr/share/MailScanner//MailScanner/PFDiskStore.pm line 509.

> This is a nasty Perl bug.

:-((

Am I the only MailScanner user who has tried to get MS working on
Unbuntu 8.10 Server? If so, then it's broken and don't bother trying
it. If not, then my install is borked (Which at least is better as I
can fix that!).

Drew