Interesting Error - Can't use string ("1909") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at trunknetworks.com
Fri Mar 6 16:35:35 GMT 2009

Jules

I have made those changes to no effect. I am still getting the same
error (With a different PID number of cause ;-) ).

Any thing else I can do?

Drew

On 6 Mar 2009, at 09:12, Julian Field wrote:

> Glenn has taken a look at this, and the problem doesn't arise on his
> Perl 5.10 systems at all.
> And as he pointed out, it's my Perl not his :-)
> So is this something to do with Ubuntu's build of Perl?
>
> However, you could edit that line of PFDiskStore.pm and change it
> from this:
>    while (${@{$body}}[scalar(@{$body})-1] !~ /^\s*$/) {
> to this:
>    while (${@{$body}}[int(scalar(@{$body})-1)] !~ /^\s*$/) {
> You should probably comment out the next line (the "print"
> statement) too.
>
> What I originally wrote is perfectly valid Perl, but it's managing
> to do
> the "-1" but then is leaving that as a string "1909" instead of
> using it
> as a number 1909 in the array reference.
>
> Let me know if that helps. You'll obviously need to restart
> MailScanner
> after making that change :-)
>
> Jules.
>

> On 5/3/09 21:00, Julian Field wrote:
>> I think this is one for Glenn.
>>
>> Glenn? Any ideas?
>>
>> On 5/3/09 19:51, Drew Marshall wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> Just bumped into this one:
>>>
>>> MailScanner --debug
>>> In Debugging mode, not forking...
>>> Trying to setlogsock(unix)
>>> Building a message batch to scan...
>>> Have a batch of 10 messages.
>>> max message size is '250000 trackback'
>>> Can't use string ("1909") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use
>>> at /usr/share/MailScanner//MailScanner/PFDiskStore.pm line 509.
>>>
>>> This is my first stray back to Linux (Usually play in FreeBSD
>>> world )
>>> for a while but this is mt MailScanner -v
>>>
>>> Linux in1-b.mx.mail-launder.com 2.6.27-11-server #1 SMP Thu Jan 29
>>> 20:13:12 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>> This is Perl version 5.010000 (5.10.0)
>>>
>>> This is MailScanner version 4.74.16
>>> Module versions are:
>>> 1.00    AnyDBM_File
>>> 1.18    Archive::Zip
>>> 0.22    bignum
>>> 1.08    Carp
>>> 2.011    Compress::Zlib
>>> 1.119     Convert::BinHex
>>> 0.17    Convert::TNEF
>>> 2.121_14    Data::Dumper
>>> 2.27    Date::Parse
>>> 1.01    DirHandle
>>> 1.06    Fcntl
>>> 2.76    File::Basename
>>> 2.11    File::Copy
>>> 2.01    FileHandle
>>> 2.04    File::Path
>>> 0.18    File::Temp
>>> 0.92    Filesys::Df
>>> 1.35    HTML::Entities
>>> 3.56    HTML::Parser
>>> 2.37    HTML::TokeParser
>>> 1.23_01    IO
>>> 1.14    IO::File
>>> 1.13    IO::Pipe
>>> 2.03    Mail::Header
>>> 1.88    Math::BigInt
>>> 0.21    Math::BigRat
>>> 3.07_01    MIME::Base64
>>> 5.426    MIME::Decoder
>>> 5.426    MIME::Decoder::UU
>>> 5.426    MIME::Head
>>> 5.426    MIME::Parser
>>> 3.07    MIME::QuotedPrint
>>> 5.426    MIME::Tools
>>> 0.11    Net::CIDR
>>> 1.25    Net::IP
>>> 0.16    OLE::Storage_Lite
>>> 1.04    Pod::Escapes
>>> 3.07    Pod::Simple
>>> 1.13    POSIX
>>> 1.19    Scalar::Util
>>> 1.80    Socket
>>> 2.18    Storable
>>> 1.4    Sys::Hostname::Long
>>> 0.26    Sys::Syslog
>>> 1.26    Test::Pod
>>> 0.8    Test::Simple
>>> 1.9711    Time::HiRes
>>> 1.02    Time::localtime
>>>
>>> Optional module versions are:
>>> 1.38    Archive::Tar
>>> 0.22    bignum
>>> missing    Business::ISBN
>>> missing    Business::ISBN::Data
>>> missing    Data::Dump
>>> 1.816_1    DB_File
>>> 1.14    DBD::SQLite
>>> 1.605    DBI
>>> 1.15    Digest
>>> 1.01    Digest::HMAC
>>> 2.36_01    Digest::MD5
>>> 2.11    Digest::SHA1
>>> missing    Encode::Detect
>>> 0.17010    Error
>>> 0.21    ExtUtils::CBuilder
>>> 2.18_02    ExtUtils::ParseXS
>>> 2.37    Getopt::Long
>>> missing    Inline
>>> missing    IO::String
>>> 1.09    IO::Zlib
>>> missing    IP::Country
>>> missing    Mail::ClamAV
>>> 3.002005    Mail::SpamAssassin
>>> v2.006    Mail::SPF
>>> 1.999001    Mail::SPF::Query
>>> 0.280801    Module::Build
>>> 0.20    Net::CIDR::Lite
>>> 0.63    Net::DNS
>>> missing    Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable
>>> missing    Net::LDAP
>>> 4.007    NetAddr::IP
>>> missing    Parse::RecDescent
>>> missing    SAVI