New wiki page

Gerry Maddock gmaddock at futuremetals.com
Mon Jun 29 16:47:59 IST 2009

> > BCP

> > people

> >> + not all senders treat a 450 as such.
> >>
> >> There an $unknown_count of weird apps out there which don't requeue
and
> >> will silently drop a msg after a temp fail.
> >
> > Greylisting gives the same 450 error. Are you saying greylisting should
not
> > be used as best practice as well (instead use smtpd hard & soft error &
> > sleep times)? Just wondering.
> >

> I don't use greylisting - never will - wouldn't recommend it
>
> lots of people swear by it, its obviously up to you to balance and
decide.

Understood. Are you using any smtp hard/soft/error sleep times at all?

Steve, are you greylisting?

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and / or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of any kind is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender via reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.  Thank you.