New wiki page

Alex Broens ms-list at alexb.ch
Fri Jun 26 12:48:57 IST 2009

On 6/26/2009 1:34 PM, Julian Field wrote:

> On 26/06/2009 12:29, Alex Broens wrote:
>> On 6/26/2009 1:13 PM, Julian Field wrote:
>>> Version 1 of the page is up at www.mailscanner.info/gettingthebest.html
>>>
>>> You might find it has one or two little tricks you didn't know about.
>>>
>>> Please do also contribute things I should add to it.
>>>
>>> Let me know what you think!
>>
>> your provosion to download KAM rules directly will hammer the server.
>>
>> KAM's rules are included in sa-update AFTER masschecks and deemed fit
>> for wide production usage.
> What are the details for using KAM within sa-update, and where is it
> documented?

They are included in SA's sa-update when he submits for inclusion.
His personal rules file contains old stock rules, etc etc, is pretty
large in size and blindly using it will add memory usage with
questionable hit efficiency.

> My script only runs once per day, and includes a random delay at startup
> to spread the load on the servers.

You are still hitting someone's (probably) personal server on a regular
basis. Does Kevin know you encourage many thousand MS users to do this?

Alex