MailScanner not processing after Hold state

shyam hirurkar shyamph at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 12:32:06 IST 2009

Hi All,

I am using postfx+Mailscanner+spamassassin+clamAV  it is working fine and
now a days i am facng issue with mailscanner like once message goes to Hold
state after that mailscanner does not do any thing neither it process not it
gives back to postfix. Simply mail will vanish. Is there any thing wrong
this is happaning inconsistantly..

Here is the sample log

[root at mx log]# cat maillog | grep B62FC4FD82
Jun 17 11:39:32 mx postfix/smtpd[16374]: B62FC4FD82:
client=unknown[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
Jun 17 11:44:33 mx postfix/cleanup[16394]: B62FC4FD82: hold: header

(Postfix) with ESMTP id B62FC4FD82??for <user at domain.com>; Wed, 17 Jun 2009
11:39:26 +0530 (IST) from unknown[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx];

from=<abc at abc.com> to=<xyz at xyz.com.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<some.domain.com>

After this there is no entry in maillog niether user received the mail not
bounce back , I am not able to figure it out .

If any thing more detail require from my side please let me know.

Shyam