OT: Sendmail related...

Christopher Sweeney ChrisSweeney at osubucks.org
Wed Jun 24 15:15:38 IST 2009

Alex Neuman van der Hans wrote:
> Would you like to share? :-)

Simple; Sendmail will not allow unresolvable domains by default *unless*
you have set:

FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl

So make sure that it's dnl'd in your .mc file

The only problem is DNS is not always pefect and you get a lot of false
rejects especially from smaller ISP's or companies that do internal
hosting as sometimes a DNS timeout will happen and now sendmail will
reject the message falsely.  I found it to be more of a pain to do that
way as I was always getting support emails complaining about why they
couldn't email someone they had before.

Virus Database (VPS): 090623-0, 06/23/2009
Tested on: 6/24/2009 10:15:38 AM