DKIM signing

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Mon Jun 22 19:59:02 IST 2009

  _____

From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Eddie
Hallahan
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 12:45 PM
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: DKIM signing

Hi,

You are able as part of the DKIM thing to register multiple mailservers for
your domain I believe.  I think they each have a different key but I'm still
a bit vague on that part.  If your MTA is sendmail then there is a milter
that does it for you.
[Rick Cooper]

If you wanted to use a different key for each mail server within your domain
you would use different selectors based on the server that was sending. If
you use the same key they would all use the same selector.
  if you had two hosts a.domain.com and b.domain.com you could set two
selectors such as mail and mail1
  then you would set the public part of each key in one of two txt records,
mail._domainkey.domain.com.  and mail1._domainkey.domain.com.

Regards

Eddie Hallahan

Enterprise Management Consulting

www.emcuk.com

Enterprise Management Consulting is a company registered in England and
Wales with company number 3134544. VAT registration number is 681038440.

Alex Neuman wrote:

Any chance of someone thinking up a way to fire up a third instance of
sendmail on one machine to do something like this?