SpamAssassin.cache.db-journal not found

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Fri Jun 19 12:22:14 IST 2009

Zaeem Arshad wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Steve Freegard <steve.freegard at fsl.com
> <mailto:steve.freegard at fsl.com>> wrote:
>
>     Zaeem Arshad wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > Can any one explain what this means and what's the impact? Found it
>     > while stracing a MailScanner process.
>     >
>     > access("/queue/mstmp/SpamAssassin.cache.db-journal", F_OK) = -1 ENOENT
>     > (No such file or directory)
>     >

>     Part of the SQLite library; it's totally normal; IIRC SQLite has to
>     check to make sure the journal doesn't exist when it connects otherwise
>     it has to move the data from the journal to the datafile.
>

> I see that happening a lot of times though..that's normal as well?

Yes; this part of the SQLite library code.

Unless you have a specific problem; running strace over a process is
going to be a huge waste of time.  Especially if you need to ask others
about how to interpret it; I only ever use it with MailScanner if I
receive a segfault from Perl to identify the module that causes it.

Regards,
Steve.