Firewall Settings for Phishing Updates?

Glenn glenn at mail.txwes.edu
Wed Jun 17 20:20:26 IST 2009

We have a strict firewall, and our mail servers are in a DMZ.  They cannot
download updates using either the update_bad_phishing_sites script or the
Spear.Phishing.Rules.v2.01 script.  I am not a firewall expert, but I need to
tell our firewall expert how to allow this traffic.  Something like the
following, I expect.  Are the port and destinations correct?  How do other
sites handle this?  Thanks.   -Glenn.

Proposed firewall rules:

name = update_bad_phishing_sites
source = our server IP
port = 80 (http)
destination = 205.234.175.175 (found by pinging mailscanner.tv)

name = Spear.Phishing.Rules.v2.01
source = our server IP
port = 80 (http)
destination = 74.125.47.82 (found by pinging anti-phishing-email-
reply.googlecode.com