Problem with Mailscanner marking everything as a virus after ClamAV fails update.

Zate Berg zate75 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 13:42:28 IST 2009

This has happened multiple times.

ClamAV freshclam fails for what ever reason (usually the mirror(s) are down,
i use the US mirrors), when this happens, ClamD "hangs" and MailScanner or
ClamD identifies the messages sent to ClamD as a Dos and marks them all as a
Virus in MailScanner.

so, how do I tell MailScanner to NOT quarantine these  "DoS" messages, or in
fact to just skip scanning and alert me... i really need this to fail open
rather than fail closed and mark everything as a virus.

Any ideas ?
Zate