Changes in Version 4.77.10-1

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jun 15 20:17:30 IST 2009

On 15/06/2009 19:28, Julian Field wrote:

> On 15/06/2009 19:09, Gary Faith wrote:
>> Yes, I have mail being sent from a dynamic IP address with a host
>> name I know but the IP will change.  Can you provide a way to turn
>> off the anti-spoof checking?  If not now, in future releases?
> I will add a switch for you. But it does make defeating the name
> lookup into a very simple thing for a spammer/attacker to do against you.
I have implemented it by you using
     host-nocheck:hostname.domain.com
instead of
     host:hostname.domain.com
in the condition in a line in a ruleset.

I can see how this might be useful should you be needing to test against
a dynamic IP address, in which case you will have a DNS PTR record but
no DNS A record.

This will hopefully solve your problem nicely.

It will be in the next release.

>> Julian Field wrote on Sat, 13 Jun 2009 15:41:24 +0100:
>>
>> > Just use the IP addresses instead of the hostnames. Trivial, surely?
>>
>> But he doesn't know them.
>>
>> Kai
>>
>> --
>> Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany