Mailscanner & redirected mail

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 13:36:04 IST 2009

2009/6/10 Devon Harding <devonharding at gmail.com>:

> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 3:34 AM, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
> wrote:

>>> "Read IP Address From Received Header" has been extended, so it will now
>>> take a number instead of yes or no. "yes"=1 and "no"=0. If it is set to
>>> "yes" or a number, then the SMTP client IP address is taken from the
>>> "Received:" header. For example, setting it to 2 will cause the IP
>>> address to be taken from the 2nd Received: header.
>>>

>> You took the words right out of my mouth! :-)
>> I knew someone would find this useful before too long...
>>
>> Jules
>>

> The setting works, but how do I get it work with RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW  which
> still gives my messages a -1 score.
> -Devon

You configure your trusted_networks/internal_networks correctly (for
SA... Likely in local.cf or mailscanner.cf)... SA will normally
"autodetect" what this should be, but since you want to trust the
"last hop", you need specify that/those IP addresses (and all "local"
trusted networks/addresses) explicitly. Scott gave you a link, but
ISTR there should be a better one .... This is to the specific
section: http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html#network_test_options
... and this is to the wiki page:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TrustPath and another good one:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TrustedRelays