MaiScanner --debug hangs

Robert Lopez rlopezcnm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 19:18:34 IST 2009

> Based on the limited info you gave -- maybe...
>
> What MTA? What instructions did you follow to set it up?
> Did you double check those instructions to make sure you didn't miss a step?
>
> What did you install from? Where did you get all the related files like
> spamassassin and Clamav?
>
> Also which OS, and some system details like number of processors and total ram
> would also help.

MTA: postfix 2.6.1 from Mail-SpamAssassin-3.2.5.tar.gz
Followed postfix home documentation to install
I double checked install instructions to the extent of my understanding of them.

installed MailScanner from MailScanner-4.77.6-4.rpm.tar.gz following
book and Julian's email.

installed spamassassin and Clamav (Clam-0.95.1-SA-3.2.5) from
install-Clam-SA-latest.tar.gz

OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga) 64bit

Server is HP Proliant DL360 G5, 4/4 core cpu with eight 1024 MB 667 MHz DIMM