MS store spam ruleset possible?

Martin Hepworth maxsec at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 08:28:13 IST 2009

2009/6/8 Zaeem Arshad <zaeem.arshad at gmail.com>:
> Hi List,
>
> Is it possible to have a rule-set or some knob in MS to store only the first
> high scoring spam message? I need this because at times when I get a spam
> attack, there are a few thousand high scoring spam emails all having the
> same content. My MS setting is to score high scoring spam for building a
> spam corpus and I'd like to store just the first email and send the rest to
> oblivion. It will save valuable disk space and scan time.
>

> Regards
>

> --
> Zaeem

Zaeem

The SpamAssassin Cache does part of this - keeps a hash of the emails
and scores for a short period, and doesn't scan the email again if it
matched the hash.

For the storage (or rather not storing) if it hits the SpamAssassin
cache, interesting idea - what do other people think? Depends what you
do with the spam/highscoring spam first, not everyone stores the email
in the first place.

--
Martin Hepworth
Oxford, UK