upgrade error

Benedict simon simon at kmun.gov.kw
Sat Jun 6 11:55:21 IST 2009

Dear All,

 I Have the following setup running fine for about a year or so on a
  single server.
 Centos 5 (final)
 DNS bind-9.3.4-6.0.2.P1.el5_2 as my DNS server
  sendmail-8.13.8-2.el5 as my mail server
 MailScanner ver 4.66.5
  jules easy package Clam-0.92-SA-3.2.4
  pyzor-0.4.0
 razor-agents-2.84
 httpd-2.2.3-11.el5_1
 all the above is working fine .

Now i wanted to upgrade my Centos to the latest (5.3) with yum upgrade but
when i ran the command

yum would not finish it gave errors as below

-----------
file /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/Math/BigFloat.pm from install of
>>> perl-5.8.8-18.el5_3.1 conflicts with file from package
>>> perl-Math-BigInt-1.86-1

--------
googling arround i found these errors are caused by 3 rd party perl modules
which being installed which guess from MS installtion since i downloaded
the MS package from MailScanner site and ran the install.sh script .

--
right now i have downloaded the latest MS form the MS site and also lates
Spamassasin clamAV jules package and installed as per the upgrade

But i need to upgrade my os to 5.3
aprrecite any help and suggestions . is there any way i could upgrade the
OS bypassing these errors

regards

simon

-