Moving Bayes database to tmps

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Jun 4 12:31:38 IST 2009

Infernix wrote on Wed, 03 Jun 2009 23:36:49 +0200:

> I have seen the exact opposite (and have read elsewhere that SQL is
> really very expensive cpu-wise for what the Bayes engine does in SA),
> but my use case is perhaps non-standard.

Well, if I understand correctly you are comparing a setup with four
machines and one central MySQL server with a setup that uses local tmpfs
on each. In my picture that is not comparable. The lot of your iowait time
may have been latency-induced. Having said that, if you are happy with
that setup and it works for you: why not :-)

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany