OT - Help with resulting error message

John Wilcock john at tradoc.fr
Wed Jun 3 16:16:28 IST 2009

Le 03/06/2009 17:02, Steve Campbell a écrit :
> Part of the original post question:
>
> Does multi.surbl.org block on content, for instance, the reference to
> twitter.com in his signature. I thought they only listed offending
> sender's IP, not someone who referenced an offending senders domain name
> in an email.

Of itself, multi.surbl.org doesn't *block* anything. It *lists* domains
used as links in spammers' mail. (And due to the Chinese problem, it
appeared to list twitter.com, though not with the usual response code).

Apparently the receiving server in your case has decided to use the list
to block incoming mail outright. Whether or not that is a wise strategy
is rather debatable IMO...

John.

--
-- Over 3000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com