OT - Help with resulting error message

John Wilcock john at tradoc.fr
Wed Jun 3 15:47:32 IST 2009

Le 03/06/2009 16:25, Steve Campbell a écrit :
> One of our users is trying to email users at a particular domain and is
> receiving the following error message back from them:
>
> (reason: 550 5.7.1 rejected content, black listed twitter.com by
> multi.surbl.org #762 #895 (l51Ehj043192426600))
>
> I asked if he was posting through twitter, and he said he was not. I
> checked SURBL and our IPs are not listed. So I'm confused(as always) by
> what this is telling me. He does have a reference to his twitter stuff
> in his signature. Do any of the SURBL lists really block content?
>
> A good explanation would be helpful. Thanks much

As I understand the discussions on the SURBL list, the gist of the
problem is that Chinese authorities have decided to block access to
Twitter in the run-up to the 20th anniversary of the Tienanmen square
protests, and SURBL have some DNS mirrors located behind the Great
Firewall, resulting in incorrect DNS responses from the affected servers.

John.

--
-- Over 3000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - www.tradoc.fr