Basic Install Problem

Territory Broadcasting Pty Ltd tbpl at tbpl.com.au
Wed Jun 3 14:11:08 IST 2009

I have read as much as possible, but just not getting anywhere. I am
trying to install MS on Centos 5, MS ver 4.77.9-1 and it all seems to
run fine from the install script that I can see. That is until it
actually goes to install the MS rpm. I get no visible errors, but it
just does not install anything. I had removed an earlier version
4.66.5-3 just using rpm -e. Could there be some old stuff still on the
system that is causing the install to fail?? Looking thru the install
log I can't see any problems. The last part of the log is:

Now to install MailScanner itself.

NOTE: If you get lots of errors here, run the install.sh script
NOTE: again with the command "./install.sh nodeps"

Preparing...
        installing package mailscanner-4.77.9-1.noarch needs 3MB on
the / filesystem
Please buy the MailScanner book from www.mailscanner.info!
It is a very useful administration guide and introduction
to MailScanner. All the proceeds go directly to making
MailScanner a better supported package than it is today.

Any help appreciated. Mike.