Fw: My Clamd or MailScanner is sending Backscatter

Tue Jun 2 16:23:40 IST 2009

Additional settings already set:
Notify Senders = yes
Notify Senders Of Viruses = no
Notify Senders Of Blocked Filenames Or Filetypes = yes
Notify Senders Of Other Blocked Content = yes

I went back to look at the backscatter that I was sending.  While the subject says "E-mail viruses detected"  the subject of the email is saying "Executable DOS/Windows programs are dangerous in email".

I thought it was a good idea to indicate if someone had sent a blocked filename or filetype or blocked content.  It turns out that MailScanner was not finding a virus it was blocking on the file type.

Thus, I will just turn off the total "Notify Senders".

Thanks to Alex and Doug for pointing me to re-read the backscatter to fully understand what was happening,
Steve