[OT] new sendmail release, ever?

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at trunknetworks.com
Fri Jul 31 17:44:33 IST 2009

On 31 Jul 2009, at 14:54, The Doctor wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 07:25:47AM -0400, Jeff A. Earickson wrote:
>> Gang,
>>
>> There hasn't been a new sendmail release since 8.14.3
>> back in May 3, 2008.  Any ideas why?  Claus Assmann's version
>> 10 seems to have vanished from the landscape.  Anybody on
>> this list know anything about the future of public-domain sendmail?
>>

> Who knows.
>
> I get so fed up that I moved to postfix.
>

> The only problem I am having is howto use postfix and MailScanner
> WITHOUT a jail.

What sort of jail or do you mean Postfix chrooted (As it seems to come
set up by default in some distros)?

If it's just chrooted, you can turn that off by changing the flag in
master.cf but you will need to check your main.cf for path locations
and other bits as they may well be relative to the chroot and not your
unchrooted environment.

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content.
Our email policy can be found at www.trunknetworks.com/policy

Trunk Networks Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: SC351063
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ